Join the Neighborhood Cats New York City Feral Cat Database!
If you're managing a colony of feral cats in New York City, or if you have assisted uncertified caretakers TNR their colonies, please take a few minutes to register or update the colony in the Neighborhood Cats New York City Feral Cat Database.
- Registering your colony could save your cats' lives!
- If an eartipped cat ends up in a city shelter, we'll be able to locate the colony and the caretaker quickly and get him out quickly, avoiding unnecessary stress and prolonged exposure to illness.
- Close to 100 eartipped cats entered the city shelters in 2012 and less than 20% were from registered colonies, making finding their caretakers more difficult.
- Because feral cats are territorial, it's very important to return them to their original colony. Relocation is problematic and only used as an absolute last resort.
- With your help, the database can be a more useful tool, helping prove that TNR works.
First time registering your colony? Start Here
Returning User: Log in at right → → →
The database is a program of Neighborhood Cats, one of the leading feral cat organizations in the United States.
Please note your identity and your colony's exact location will be held in strict confidence!
To join, start here and then follow the simple instructions.
You can register more than one colony & update the information whenever you like.
Whenever you have questions just click on "Contact Us."
Thanks for helping make this program a success!